Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting around for somebody to give you flowers"
Saturday, April 7, 2012 || 6:36 PM
Over the Easter weekend, I
1. found a sweet little spot in Starbucks, kicked off my slippers and made myself extra comfortable snuggled up on the couch and read The Hunger Games while snacking on a bowl of oatmeal + honey (so healthy right?!?) Feels SO good to be able to catch up on alone/ reading time. Seriously. Should do this on a weekly basis. Now that i'm halfway into the book, I finally understand why my siblings think that the movie fell short of expectations. So many important details weren't captured on film. Ah..
2. chanced upon a serene, quiet mall off the beaten route with white & bfg. Additional perk: they have a lovely bakery selling $1 cinnamon sugar bread sticks! It's comparable to Aunty Anne's! And it's more convenient to munch on cuz it's bite size. Yay! Love the choice of restaurants they got there too.
3. Hopped to Parco. White & I both bought shades. They have an amazing collection there. I bought one which is metallic brown frames with subtle gold rimmed details. Love how it frames my faces so perfectly. Aiming to buy the tortoise shell specs the next time i get there.
4. Went to Wai's flea event. Gotten myself a intricately done up sequinned dress (which would serve as a blouse for me because i'm planning to tie the drapes). LOVE the sequinned details. Love love love it! But it's not very practical because it's really pretty damn sheer. If i layer it, the details would be gone. If i wear it with an outerwear, it'd defeat the purpose too. Sigh. It's okay, it's a beauty in the closet nevertheless.
But pretty luckily, I got myself another steal. A navy blue maxi for lazy days.
5. Punggol water front with Kai& Derrick. There was an event there which was mainly for families though. Carnival, food, games, art, music, sports. It was nice catching up though :)
6. A blogger/stylist came over to the showroom the other day and we had fun dressing up! It's amazing how beautiful she looks even in an overload of colors. Maybe i should should adding more hues into my closet.
7. Slept 12 hours straight. *Mmmmmmmmm*
Missed Peck's hair show event. It's okay, i know that missy would still be strutting and rocking what she is supposed to ;) Just hope her stylists didn't snap away her locks.
Pretty sad, didn't have any chocolate eggs to feast on. But it's okay, the two pints of B&J in my freezer makes up for it ;)
Gonna cook salted egg crab with Ed next week. Yay! (I just hope I don't screw the dish up seriously....)